Education Department

Home | Resume | Philosophy of Education | Research | Sample Lesson Plans | Professional Development Plan | Webquest | Educational Links

Professional Development Plan

I included this paper to demonstrate my professional commitment and responsibility because it details my career plan in education. For this paper, I interviewed three different professionals in the school in which I student taught to ask them about their jobs. This broadened my perspective of careers available in education, and caused me to think about which of them may appeal to me. In the paper, I also discuss my plans for graduate school and locations I may wish to teach, as well as journals I plan to subscribe to, conferences to attend and unions I may wish to join. It also discusses the type of school I want to work in and what characteristics I will look for. My discussion of graduate schools and various schools or school districts displays my commitment to the education field. While teaching, I will continue to make these types of plans and implement them to shape my career in education.

Click here to read my Professional Development Plan

For questions or comments, please contact Kaleigh Boysen