Education Department

Home | Resume | Philosophy of Education | Research | Sample Lesson Plans | Professional Development Plan | Webquest | Educational Links | Photos

Philosophy of Education

I believe my role as a teacher is to create a stimulating and successful learning environment. I believe that it is my job to accommodate the needs of my students and center my teaching and classroom on their learning styles and personalities as well as give my students control over their learning. It only makes sense to mold my teaching to fit twenty students rather than have them mold their styles to fit me. I believe children are motivated to learn when they feel their needs are being taken into account. In addition, it is my role to create a democracy in the classroom where students feel comfortable collaborating on their education and act as a whole. I am a firm follower of the construtivist approach to teaching. Therefore, collaboration, building on prior knowledge and experiences and creating a safe and equal learning environment are my ideals in regards to classroom environment and instruction.

For questions or comments, please contact l-achey@cornellcollege.edu