At the end of my student teaching teaching experience, I wrote a professional development plan to reflect on my teaching philosophies and experiences and explore possibilities for my future.

In the plan, I outlined the philosophies that I am looking for in a potential school, where I would like to teach and how I plan to obtain a job after graduation in the spring. I also researched the role of a reading specialist and explained why I feel I am best fit for the role of a classroom teacher within the school environment. For my professional growth, I researched teacher unions and explained reasons to join or not join, looked up conferences to attend and journals to read in my content area, and identified a graduate school program that I may attend in the future.

The professional development plan illustrates my commitment to both the teaching profession and to my own growth as an individual. As a teacher, I will have many decisions to make as I continue to develop my practice, and this plan demonstrates my willingness to reflect on my thoughts and create achievable goals for the future.

Click here to read my full Professional Development Plan

To download a copy of my Professional Development Plan, click on your preferred file type below:
Rich Text Format
PDF