Day 1 --
Hand out Jigsaw worksheet, explain expectations/requirements for assignment:
* Each landform group should be able to present on the following:
-- Climate of landform
-- Location of landform
-- Animals that live at/in the landform (wildlife)
-- Plants that live at/in the landform (plant life)
* Write complete sentences about each of these 4 areas on your Jigsaw worksheet. Be as specific and in-depth as possible.
* It may help to make a web of your information before you write it on your worksheet (model on board).
Students work on combining research and answering 4 questions.
* By the end of day 1, students should have at least 3 of the 4 questions completed.
Day 2 --
Finish up your questions.
WHEN FINISHED WITH QUESTIONS, get a laptop and do a Google Image Search for images of your landform. Copy and paste them into a Power Point document and be sure to SAVE the document!!
** If laptops are not available, students can draw pictures instead.
When finished with pictures, practice presentation.
Day 3 --
Mix up groups so that each group has each landform represented. Set timer for 7 minutes: each landform representative has 7 minutes to present. Use Power Point (if available) of pictures in your presentation.
Day 4 --
Finish presentations if necessary
Assessment: Web of each landform including climate, location, animal, and plant life.
Read aloud from chapter 19 of Huckleberry Finn (Mississippi river)
- Make a Power Point presentation for your landform
--10/29: Plan a trip to the landform you're studying. How would you get there? What would you do there? What would you pack in your suitcase that would be useful during your visit?
** If you didn't have information on one of the questions, research it tonight.
--10/30: Make a KWL for each of the three other landforms
11/1: Fill in the L for each of the three landforms. Based on what you learned, give the presenter a rating at the bottom of your paper. (5 stars maximum.) After your rating, write 1 sentence about why you gave him/her that rating.
11/5: Time for Kids - read magazine, complete worksheet.